Tuesday, January 23, 2007

letter of 1/23/07 continuation

I know, I write a lot and some of what I write (mostly re: politics) angers and upsets some of you. Well, some of what you express can anger and upset me, but mostly it’s your gross misunderstanding of my meaning and intent. I find that anger is not nearly as strong as it used to be. No, I am not changing under pressure. In fact, if you know me at all, pressure applied will meet an equal or greater resistance to that pressure. (One of HoJo’s laws) Maybe it’s because my writing gives me an outlet for those energies as I tell the world what to do and how to go about it even if no one listens or reads. I am trying to be less strident in my words, but those know-it-all, self serving politicos (from all points of the political compass) are becoming more and more strident. Maybe I’m just becoming more mellow in my old age. Maybe my years with Barb toned me down a bit. She was an Irish liberal Democrat and we had great political discussions - emotional, but not angry. I don’t know how we managed that.

Now, guess what? I’m involved with another Irish liberal Democrat, Daphne. How could I be so lucky? I wonder, could the Irish be genetically Democrats? So far no political sparks - a few little rubs here and there, but nothing remotely angry or confrontational. She has requested, "Be a bit less strident in your wording, just to lessen the possible anger of readers." She may be right so I am trying - not to change my positions - just to soften my rhetoric. I'm certain to ramble about quite a bit in this writing which is opinions, not news so feel free to buzz off at any time.

This letter ran amok so I decided to move the rest of it to my "HoJo's Rants" blog where it more properly belongs. In keeping with Daphne's wishes I have endeavored to keep it more friendly and less "strident." Click on www.hojo2rants.blogspot.com to continue.

Ho

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home