Saturday, September 10, 2005

HoBarb news, Sat Sept 10

Hi All!

It’s 2:00 pm Saturday the 10th and I’ve just returned from being with Barb, She’s feeling a bit better, but she sleeps much of the time so we haven’t talked a lot. They now have her blood pressure stabilized in a normal range, but her hemoglobin is still quite low. According to her nurse, that’s why she is so tired and sleepy. They plan to give her two units of blood this afternoon to bring her hemoglobin up.

This morning they did a colonoscopy looking for possible bleeding there as contributing to her anemia. All the doctor found was some irritation in her rectum. The rest of her colon was clean and healthy - no polyps or anything else. When her internist came in I questioned her about pain management. As a result, she is going to contact a local pain management specialist on Monday. He may be able to prescribe a treatment to find local pain pathways and block them so she doesn’t have to take so many narcotics, It may be that all of these low blood pressure attacks that have put her in the hospital five times now were caused by too much narcotic in her bloodstream. That certainly makes sense to me.

I seem to be getting over my cold. At least, I feel a lot better than I did early in the week. I know I’m feeling better because my appetite has returned . I still stay well away from Barb when I’m visiting. I certainly don’t want her to catch it.

I’d really like to hear how you folks like using the link to this blog where I post my latest info. Just to reply to my email or Click here to email me

CLICK for a list of my Talks, Discussions and Books

Feedback: So far I’ve gotten just one! Thanks Nancy!


Ho

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home