A note and a few photos
Greetings from Sunny (today) California!
It’s Friday evening, January 20th and Deb should be getting home any minute now. I’m all settled in by now, know my way around town a bit and have started a few new adventures. Jake and Charlie have become good friends after a rather shaky start. They now chase each other around the yard in play, taking turns chasing each other. I take them on walks together with few problems other than an occasional twisted set of leashes.
I’ve spent today going through photos from many years. Many of them really took me back. I plan on retouching a number of them including several of my father when he was a boy and then a young man. I also ran across a number of Dolores as a baby, Barb as a young woman and many dear family photos. Naturally, there were a few tears shed. I hope to place several of these on this blog to share with you. I especially want to share one of our wedding photos because that’s the Barbara I always remember. It’s also the Barbara that my heart always saw when I looked at her those last months. She always was and always will be a beautiful little lady to me. These photos are on my website, www.hobarb.com on Barbara's page.

My father as a young man playing third base in his favorite sport.
Mom and Pop enjoy a short drive in my new 1952 MG. This was taken behind my cousin, Carl Johnson's home in San Diego during our (Dee's and mine) only visit ever with this cousin from my dad's side of the family.
Yours truly tooling around Nelson's Ledges race course in August 1969. (in first place of course)
Well, Deb is home and I’ll have to take a dinner break. As soon as I get the photos on the blog I will send out an announcement.
So much for HoJo’s current chapter of, "Travels with Charlie" until the next chapter is written. I wish you all well.
To return to the links to all of Howard Johnson’s sites Click here

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home