We take a trip to Murphys, California
Sunday the 22nd, Deb and I went for a drive into the mountains about sixty miles east of Stockton to the little town of Murphys. It’s a former gold mining town with a very checkered past and an interesting present. The main street is now an eclectic collection of shops, wine tasting cubby holes and unique little restaurants with much local flavor. We had a wonderful time walking down main street and stopping into one of the little wine tasting rooms sprinkled about in the town. On our way home we drove down from the mountains into one of the most spectacular bright orange and red sunset over the coastal range I have ever seen. Yes, his palette was definitely at work. Here are a few photos of our trip.

The main street looking west of Murphys, California

Sunset over the coast range from route 4 on our way home.

Deb and I at lunch in one of the interesting little restaurant/delis in Murphys.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home